Free lunch at work? Yes, you are hearing me right.
At my work, they offer free lunch every-single-day. Also, we are provided with free snacks and beverages to boot! This is such an awesome perk, and here is why:
- I am saving so much money every day! Before I came on-board I was working somewhere that I ate out every day. I would spend anywhere between $5 – $12.00 a day on lunch and beverages. Not to mention extra trips to the lunch room snack box where you could purchase chips for $1. I am saving on average of $42.50 a month!
- I get to spend time with my coworkers
- If I am in the zone, and don’t want to stop to eat, I can just go grab a plate and head back to my desk
- There are always yummy leftovers in the fridge
- We have a lot of variety, which is nice!
- We try (try) to have healthy options available everyday
- The snacks and beverages that are stocked in the fridge are taken by request
- Happy hour – yes, beer – included is a common occurrence (of course after you are clocked out 😉 )
- On Fridays, we are encouraged to take home any leftovers
I know that this benefit is not free for InfoTrust to offer us, but I truly appreciate that every day I know that is one less thing I need to worry about!